Old 12-11-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.ponds
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Ping: Kurt

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

Yes, have plastic netting temporarily over it. Heron hasn't been back
since discovering the net. We'll see.

We seldom see herons now. They all must know they're wasting their time
here.

I'm going to be revamping the pond this Winter, anyway. Bigger pump,
filter and landscaping changes.

Are you having problems with the sides collapsing like mine were? We had to
put in concrete berms with rebar, pull and then relay the liner in them.
Quite a job.

I put in the cinderblock around the edge to begin with. My problem is
that I made an underwater ledge running around the perimeter that ended
up being to narrow and too shallow to put plants on. Middle of pond is
3ft, but edges are only about 9-10". Also, I did a sandstone rock edging
that I don't like (and is also coming up in places). Want to do a more
natural look. I'll probably widen it slightly and taper the sides down
into pond. Your problem makes me want to be aware of having the sides
too deep, though.