Old 11-11-2007, 05:50 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Ping: Kurt

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.

=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.

=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.

Sent you email. Should work.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.

=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.

Sent you email. Should work.

Ask yourself, Kurt, why does this person want to go to e-mail to
explain the downfall of this newsgroup? In my researched opinion,
because she was a big part of the problem.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.

=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.

Sent you email. Should work.

==============================
I didn't receive anything from you. Did you ever get my email from last
night? I sent it to both spacegmail and gmail.com.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.
=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.

Sent you email. Should work.

==============================
I didn't receive anything from you. Did you ever get my email from last
night? I sent it to both spacegmail and gmail.com.

spacemail is not real. I emailed you from another account this AM. I
think you may be having problems with your own server

Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.
=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.

Sent you email. Should work.

==============================
I didn't receive anything from you. Did you ever get my email from last
night? I sent it to both spacegmail and gmail.com.

spacemail is not real. I emailed you from another account this AM. I
think you may be having problems with your own server

I got it. Yes, there may have been server problems. That doesn't surprise
me. Watch your email for my reply. :-)
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

I can't imagine how that group attracted all that malice.
=======================
I tried to email you but it bounced.

Sent you email. Should work.
==============================
I didn't receive anything from you. Did you ever get my email from last
night? I sent it to both spacegmail and gmail.com.

spacemail is not real. I emailed you from another account this AM. I
think you may be having problems with your own server

I got it. Yes, there may have been server problems. That doesn't surprise
me. Watch your email for my reply. :-)

Hey, looks like we have this group all to ourselves!

Been quite the past couple weeks for my pond -first time in 5 years , a
heron showed up and ate more than half my fish! (never knew they lived
around here) Got net over the pond now, and haven't seen him back. Fish
still traumatized.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:44 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:
I got it. Yes, there may have been server problems. That doesn't
surprise
me. Watch your email for my reply. :-)

=============
Hey, looks like we have this group all to ourselves!

That's what a good "killfiling" does. :-)))

Been quite the past couple weeks for my pond -first time in 5 years , a
heron showed up and ate more than half my fish! (never knew they lived
around here) Got net over the pond now, and haven't seen him back. Fish
still traumatized.

We were OK the first summer of 1995. Then the summer of 1996 the predators
showed up.... herons, Kingfishers, water snakes, snapper turtles, huge
bullfrogs and more. After losing most fish we went to ACE Hardware and
bought nets. We haven't lost a koi since. The smaller snakes get through
and take a few fry but that's about it. We can spare fry as we always have
several hundred on hand in the fry tanks behind the house.

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:
[...]

Yes, have plastic netting temporarily over it. Heron hasn't been back
since discovering the net. We'll see.
I'm going to be revamping the pond this Winter, anyway. Bigger pump,
filter and landscaping changes.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Kurt" wrote in message

Yes, have plastic netting temporarily over it. Heron hasn't been back
since discovering the net. We'll see.

We seldom see herons now. They all must know they're wasting their time
here.

I'm going to be revamping the pond this Winter, anyway. Bigger pump,
filter and landscaping changes.

Are you having problems with the sides collapsing like mine were? We had to
put in concrete berms with rebar, pull and then relay the liner in them.
Quite a job.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Ping: Kurt - The "sillybug" goldfish list.

"Kurt" wrote in message
(*From the other group. Posted here, unabridged, in case the abridged
version doesn't get through.)
I shy away from PCs, so I use the excellent MTNewswatcher on our Macs.

======================
A lot of people on rec.ponds at the time had no idea how to use a killfile.
But as was explained that doesn't work when the trolls are using other
poster's names and email addresses, forging IP numbers, using anonymous
remailers and software that flooded the group with thousands of posts a day.
Some of those posts were so profane and depraved they alone drove people
away.

As long as the posters who wouldn't do what he demanded of them at the time,
and I myself remain on these pond groups, the troll who destroyed rec.ponds
will keep up his attacks on the pond group. I have no control over his
obsessive behavior.

The first Goldfish list died (it wasn't destroyed) when the man known as
"Sillybug" who ran it lost interest in the list and there was no one else to
take it over. I was fairly new to computers and didn't understand how a
list worked. We also had a poster constantly spamming the list for her
friend's goldfish business that people, *myself included* were objecting to.
When some of us complained about the spamming she decided to start her own
goldfish list. Sillybug simply lost interest in running the list and some
months later, perhaps a year later, he moved on. At the time he abandoned
the list we were getting as many as 75 to 150 messages a day.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message
[...]

If they don't get the attention, they go eventually leave a go somewhere
where they do.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.ponds

In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

"Kurt" wrote in message

Yes, have plastic netting temporarily over it. Heron hasn't been back
since discovering the net. We'll see.

We seldom see herons now. They all must know they're wasting their time
here.

I'm going to be revamping the pond this Winter, anyway. Bigger pump,
filter and landscaping changes.

Are you having problems with the sides collapsing like mine were? We had to
put in concrete berms with rebar, pull and then relay the liner in them.
Quite a job.

I put in the cinderblock around the edge to begin with. My problem is
that I made an underwater ledge running around the perimeter that ended
up being to narrow and too shallow to put plants on. Middle of pond is
3ft, but edges are only about 9-10". Also, I did a sandstone rock edging
that I don't like (and is also coming up in places). Want to do a more
natural look. I'll probably widen it slightly and taper the sides down
into pond. Your problem makes me want to be aware of having the sides
too deep, though.

Old 13-11-2007, 12:19 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Kurt" wrote in message
I put in the cinderblock around the edge to begin with. My problem is
that I made an underwater ledge running around the perimeter that ended
up being to narrow and too shallow to put plants on. Middle of pond is
3ft, but edges are only about 9-10". Also, I did a sandstone rock edging
that I don't like (and is also coming up in places). Want to do a more
natural look. I'll probably widen it slightly and taper the sides down
into pond. Your problem makes me want to be aware of having the sides
too deep, though.

===================================
Our shelves were at different heights but deep enough to cover the tops of
the pots of plants. But as the years passed and the soil sank and shifted,
the sides, slightly bowl shaped.... collapsed. It's hard to describe what
actually happened. It looked like the whole pond was trying to become a
natural bowl shape. The liner was developing horizontal folds. This
happened to both ponds, more so the smaller 800g than the 2000g pond. The
berm was turning in toward the pond and the rocks kept rolling into the
water. Then rain runoff was starting to run in to the ponds turning them
deep dark green. We bit the bullet and decided to just redo them the right
way. So far no problems. Now the I just have too darn many fish out there.
They breed like rabbits and the local market is flooded.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
OT Kurt Vonnegut video William Wagner[_2_] Gardening 1 01-07-2007 05:05 PM
PING PING Jan -ED Ponds 0 30-06-2006 04:46 PM
Ping-CassBlack area on my new bare roots, should I be worried? A guy named Emil Roses 3 06-02-2003 05:39 AM
Ping: Pam Garden Gal Mark or Travis Gardening 1 02-02-2003 02:02 PM