Old 13-11-2007, 04:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
how how is offline

Default Mini palm question

"Buderschnookie" wrote in message

"how" wrote in message
news
Palms are never grafted and not many can be layered.

snip
I had a reply similar to yours and also thought palms were never grafted
but look at this-
http://www.biblicalimagery.com/brows...img=DLPLTRDP04

As far as the OP- perhaps it is a cycad with bubils?

Hi,
What is shown in the link you posted is a date palm stem being removed from,
not grafted to, the parent stem. Layering not grafting.
http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/Y4360E...e09.htm#bm09.3
With so many things called palms, you may be correct with the cycad guess.
To the OP we need a pic. To Bunderschnookie what kind of palms are you
growing in KY?
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good