Old 13-11-2007, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Frost

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:32:46 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 13/11/07 10:14, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:11:20 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/11/07 09:20, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:17:24 +0000, Sacha

wrote:

is expected here tonight. The temp has dropped like a stone since the
sun
went down.

I forecast it will resurface by lunchtime.

In the end, it was frosty at around 10pm and then it clouded over and
rained, so that was the frost seen off. So today we have gloomy and grey.

You've made me feel better about our endless gloomy grey weather.

No bright, sunny winter days at all - ever? I'm moaning a bit about today
but the last few days have been truly glorious, so I shouldn't really
complain. Last Wednesday I had to drive across the moor towards Tavistock
to visit friends in a little village called Sampford Spiney, which is right
on the moor - truly beautiful spot. The day was zinging with sunshine and
the colours of the beech trees was just breathtaking. For some reason they
seem to have the best autumn colour of all.

There is a hard frost forecast for Thursday night, but then again they
forecast
the magnitude of the tidal surge wrong too.

We don't have to worry about tidal surge here at least. ;-)

Nor do we :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK