Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frost

is expected here tonight. The temp has dropped like a stone since the sun
went down.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 13-11-2007, 01:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Who gives a ****?

Old 13-11-2007, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

is expected here tonight. The temp has dropped like a stone since the sun
went down.

I forecast it will resurface by lunchtime.

In the end, it was frosty at around 10pm and then it clouded over and
rained, so that was the frost seen off. So today we have gloomy and grey.
Lovely. ;-(

Old 13-11-2007, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

wrote:

is expected here tonight. The temp has dropped like a stone since the
sun
went down.

I forecast it will resurface by lunchtime.

In the end, it was frosty at around 10pm and then it clouded over and
rained, so that was the frost seen off. So today we have gloomy and grey.
Lovely. ;-(

--
Sacha

I had to go out to a meeting last night at 7.00pm and the car was frosted
over :-((
Came out of the meeting at 9.30pm and the car was clear because it was in
town, but bitterly cold.
Rain this morning and overcast.
Isle of Wight

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old 13-11-2007, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/11/07 10:14, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:11:20 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/11/07 09:20, in article
,

wrote:

is expected here tonight. The temp has dropped like a stone since the sun
went down.

I forecast it will resurface by lunchtime.

In the end, it was frosty at around 10pm and then it clouded over and
rained, so that was the frost seen off. So today we have gloomy and grey.

You've made me feel better about our endless gloomy grey weather.

No bright, sunny winter days at all - ever? I'm moaning a bit about today
but the last few days have been truly glorious, so I shouldn't really
complain. Last Wednesday I had to drive across the moor towards Tavistock
to visit friends in a little village called Sampford Spiney, which is right
on the moor - truly beautiful spot. The day was zinging with sunshine and
the colours of the beech trees was just breathtaking. For some reason they
seem to have the best autumn colour of all.

There is a hard frost forecast for Thursday night, but then again they
forecast
the magnitude of the tidal surge wrong too.

We don't have to worry about tidal surge here at least. ;-)

Old 13-11-2007, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:32:46 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 13/11/07 10:14, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:11:20 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/11/07 09:20, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

Nor do we :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK

last frost? Arwen Long North Carolina 1 06-03-2004 04:31 PM
Possible frost/freeze Saturday night/Sunday Morning Wayfarer Texas 8 28-03-2003 10:56 PM
American frost zones tim United Kingdom 21 23-02-2003 12:16 PM
USDA zones (frost zones) Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 5 22-02-2003 06:20 PM
When To Take Action Against Frost Protection? Fleemo Gardening 10 09-02-2003 08:01 AM