Old 14-11-2007, 11:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul O. Paul O. is offline

Default Mini palm question

"how" wrote in message
"Paul O." wrote in message
ok, a couple pics will be going up shortly on A.B.P.G. I'll title them
Mini Palm?

Hi,
For sure a palm, Phoenix reclinata, aka Senegal date, is my guess. The
presence of sharp spines on the lower petiole will confirm it as a Phoenix
of some type. Reclinatas are usually clumping palms, meaning that even if
you cut the stems you don't want, more will grow. You can keep cutting
them off to maintain the look you want. You might be able to split the
clump and have two plants, iffy but possible. Is this to remain a potted
plant or is it going in the land scape as reclinatas get large.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good
Thanks, It is going to remain in the pot as long as possible, hopefully
years.

--
Paul O.