Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 AM
watchcat

Default Albany Woolly bush

I'm smitten with the Albany Woolly Bush - adenanthos sericeus (not a bad
picture of a big one, here
http://www.anbg.gov.au/images/photo_...13426/015.html). Just can't
resist the silvery soft foliage and am hoping to use one as a Christmas
tree. Trouble is, I'm in Canberra and I've already had one of these things
die on me - I suspect it was the frost that got it. This time, I've got them
in pots, in 'australian native' potting soil. Has anyone had any experience
keeping these beautiful plants alive in a frosty climate? If so, tips
appreciated. Apart from wheeling them inside on frosty nights (ie, most of
the winter, here), is there any easy way to keep 2 or 3 pots protected from
frost?