Old 15-11-2007, 04:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Which ornamental tree ??

"Bas" wrote in message

I only have a small garden (50ft x 25ft),but would like to plant some
kind of ornamentle tree within the lawn boudaries.

I dont want anything over about 6/7ft tall,and would prefer it to have
a spread of no more than about 5ft.

Hope some of you can come up with some suggestions.

Thanks.
Bas.

BTW. I live in South/East England.

There are some trees that will remain that small, and others can advise
about those. However, I'll mention an idea pointed out by the late Henry
Mitchell, a garden writer who worked in a small space. He said that very
often, when you think you want a small tree, what you really want is a
shrub. The small tree may end up wanting to become the size of a one car
garage.

Just a thought...