Old 16-11-2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default FA Arboriculture Pratique vintage French fruit gardening

In article
,
Alys wrote:

Arboriculture Pratrique ,by Troncet et E.Deliege,Librairie Larousse
Paris. undated ,but I would guess to early 1900s.ex.lib,otherwise a
good copy.163 pages.
Just the most splendid French book (entirely in the French language)
on fruit gardening,with a lots of superb detailed engravings
throughout. Very comprehensive,scarce item.A must for the vintage
gardening shelf!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...4456&ssPa geN
ame=STRK:MESE:IT

$40.95 + shipping for this 163 page anachronistic brochure on growing
trees? Ah, just the perfect accent for the lace draped book shelf of a
petty bourgeois. (Madam Bovary must have had one, or would have, if she
hadn't committed suicide.) Just one glance at this booklet will tell
even the most causal observer that they are dealing with someone with
serious self-esteem issues, IMHO. You'd be better off with a water
fountain that was activated by you door bell.

Did civilization fall again (when I wasn't looking) and we've re-entered
the new dark ages, where we once more seek for truth in ancient
manuscripts? Oy. Gevalt.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars