Old 16-11-2007, 10:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Which ornamental tree ??

Bas said:

I only have a small garden (50ft x 25ft),but would like to plant some
kind of ornamentle tree within the lawn boudaries.

I dont want anything over about 6/7ft tall,and would prefer it to have
a spread of no more than about 5ft.

Hope some of you can come up with some suggestions.

That's pretty small. But I would also suggest some variety of
Japanese maple. Perhaps a weeping form with finely cut leaves.
The leaves of mine have turned an absolutely brilliant scarlet this fall.

Japanese maples add tremendous character to any garden.

(attributed to Don Marti)