Old 16-11-2007, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default greengage cultivation

I have just got my order from D T browns of the raspberries so praised
by this group a few weeks back. V. exciting! However in the parcel was a
delivery note and I find I have following an 'old Greengage' tree on
pixy stock. This was a bit of a surprise as I thought I had ordered
Champagne rhubarb! Order numbers look right so it must have been me..

Still nothing daunted and looking at it with a pragmatic approach I
shall wait in anticipation for this surprise arrival.

Has anyone got any tips for growing a fruit tree like this? How much
room do I give it and will it need another one to produce fruit. I have
a Bramley and there's Malus john Dowie but the only plums are next door
and I think they are Victoria and what the older people that sued to
live there, called Bullaces.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy