Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
J & A Haig

Default Tree Selection

Off the top of my head....

Peanut tree (Sterculia quadrifida)
Flame tree (Brachychiton spp in general)
Native Crepe Myrtle (Lagerstroemia archeriana)
White cedar (Melia azederach)

I'm not saying these are the best ones for the application, but it is a
common fallacy to believe there are no deciduous natives. It is also fairly
common for a number of species to thin out considerably during the cooler
dryer times of the year, tho not strictly deciduous.

Jim

"Chris Garvey" wrote in message
Wally wrote:
: ideally the tree will grow to around 3.5m. I'd like an Australian

native,
: and preferably deciduous. It will hopefully give some privacy with it's
: foliage.

--
ahow many deciduous natives are there?

(:

Taking the "paranoid" out of "delusion".
icq #107970956