Old 20-11-2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default spider mites on tomatoes

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:54:59 -0600, "Manelli Family"
wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions how to safely kill mites on tomatoes in a
greenhouse? I tried organics and they don't work. Hosing them doesn't work
and Neem oil with
a dab of soap doesn't work.

Spider mites hate water spraying. I found that alternate treatments
work better than any one kind of treatment. You may need to treat
every 4-6 days. Spray under the leaves. Bonide sells a miticide
concentrate--I think it is "organic" and contains clove oil. A soapy
spray is another good treatment--make sure not to get the soap into
the soil. Read about spider mites to understand how to control them.
Consider predators. Spider mites are tough!