Old 21-11-2007, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Pepper question

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

The link doesnt work. I think you have to be a member.

Very odd. I'm no member and
http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...pperoncinigree
k.asp works easily for me. I would suspect Admiral Poindexter or
witchcraft. But then, of course I would. Try again. Pepperocini are
supposed to be sorta hot but they aren't as hot as they used to be. Same
thing is happening to ja-lap-pen-nos that you buy in the store.
Marketing knows that the eyes want to buy hot and the tongue wants to
buy sweet. Same thing with Extra Dry (dry of sugar) sparkling wine,
which is very sweet.

Sugar is fine. Sweet wine with sweet meals (saurebraten, meat with
fruit, sweet and sour). Dry wines would taste like battery acid with a
sweet course. But sugar covers flavors. A wine maker can make a mistake
in a sweet wine and let the sweetness cover it up. With a dry wine,
there is no place to hide. A good dry wine is a well made wine but it
probably will require the oils and greases of the food to take the sour
edge off of it. Wines are around .7% acid (7 grams per liter).

All of which have nothing to do with the sandwich that you buy at the
deli counter that offers pepperocini as an option.

They used to be hot.

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Pepperoncini, just like it says on the bottle.
--
No not those the little yellow ones. They are called hot chille peppers.
They are about an inch long.

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars