Old 20-11-2007, 05:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pepper question

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Old 20-11-2007, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Pepperoncini, just like it says on the bottle.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 20-11-2007, 03:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Pepperoncini, just like it says on the bottle.
--

No not those the little yellow ones. They are called hot chille peppers.
They are about an inch long.

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 20-11-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:11:06 -0800, "aluckyguess" wrote:

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Check here. They have about 3 pages of hot peppers listed with
pictures and descriptions. I have been very satisfied with their
seeds and service.

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/index.html
--
Susan N.

Old 20-11-2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

aluckyguess wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Pepperoncini, just like it says on the bottle.
--

No not those the little yellow ones. They are called hot chille peppers.
They are about an inch long.
Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

I think you are talking about "sport" peppers.
http://www.tomatogrowers.com/hot5.htm

Bob

Old 20-11-2007, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Santa Fe look close and so do the casacabella.
I will Try them.

Thanks
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
aluckyguess wrote:

Old 21-11-2007, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

What kind of pepers are those small yellow pickled ones you buy in the
store. I want to buy some seeds and cant find them.

Thanks

Pepperoncini, just like it says on the bottle.
--

No not those the little yellow ones. They are called hot chille peppers.
They are about an inch long.

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...pperoncinigree
k.asp
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars

Old 21-11-2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The link doesnt work. I think you have to be a member.
"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

Old 21-11-2007, 03:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I know what the pepperoncini is. Those are mild when pickled.
"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

Old 21-11-2007, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

The link doesnt work. I think you have to be a member.

Very odd. I'm no member and
http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...pperoncinigree
k.asp works easily for me. I would suspect Admiral Poindexter or
witchcraft. But then, of course I would. Try again. Pepperocini are
supposed to be sorta hot but they aren't as hot as they used to be. Same
thing is happening to ja-lap-pen-nos that you buy in the store.
Marketing knows that the eyes want to buy hot and the tongue wants to
buy sweet. Same thing with Extra Dry (dry of sugar) sparkling wine,
which is very sweet.

Sugar is fine. Sweet wine with sweet meals (saurebraten, meat with
fruit, sweet and sour). Dry wines would taste like battery acid with a
sweet course. But sugar covers flavors. A wine maker can make a mistake
in a sweet wine and let the sweetness cover it up. With a dry wine,
there is no place to hide. A good dry wine is a well made wine but it
probably will require the oils and greases of the food to take the sour
edge off of it. Wines are around .7% acid (7 grams per liter).

All of which have nothing to do with the sandwich that you buy at the
deli counter that offers pepperocini as an option.

They used to be hot.

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

Old 21-11-2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Garden Guides - Page Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
or could be temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

b.. Open the www.gardenguides.com home page, and then look for links to
the information you want.
c.. Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found:
http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...pperoncinigree

Return to Garden Guides.

Old 21-11-2007, 02:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

Garden Guides - Page Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
or could be temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

b.. Open the www.gardenguides.com home page, and then look for links to
the information you want.
c.. Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found:
http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...pperoncinigree

Return to Garden Guides.

URL too large for one line. Remember to add the " k.asp " of the second
line. The whole URL is:

http://www.gardenguides.com/seedcata...pperoncinigree
k.asp

Bonne chance.