Old 22-11-2007, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°³ is offline

Default Best plant for short hedge

On 22 Nov 2007 19:45:16 GMT, Hank Marvin wrote and
included this (or some of this):

I'm just in the process of getting my first job (growing up at last!) and
am in the process of looking for my first house. One of the things I'm
really looking for in a house is a nice garden. Up until now, I haven't
had much of an opportunity for gardening due to the lack of a garden but
I have some ideas about how I'd like to make my garden when I have a
place to put it :-)

One of the ideas was a very short trimmed hedge, I'm thinking maybe 1-
foot wide x 1-foot tall, very close to the ground, to mark the boundary
between a patio area and some kind of lawn. So, I was curious as to what
kind of plant would make the best hedge in this situation. Does anyone
have any ideas? Specifically, the hedge will be in the North-West of
England.

Box?

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³