Old 22-11-2007, 05:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default 15 inch deep enough for winte in Michigan?

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:09:17 CST, "Henry & Carolyn"
wrote:

You can also cover the pond with a heavy plastic like we do. We make a
rough frame of 2x4's over the pond at drape the plastic over that. We do
all this and live is SW Ontario and the pond has never totally frozen over.

Yes, good point, that will make a BIG difference, just talk with Ingrid who
is able to feed her fish most of the winter by covering and supplying a
little heat.

I wonder if the OP was looking for a cheap up front cost, or power usage?
Pay a little more and lower the power usage, or pay a little up front and
pay over time via more power? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us