Old 23-11-2007, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Questionnaire potting soil

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:22:18 +0000, Cocopeat
wrote:

Dear readers,

I'm a Dutch marketing student and at this moment I'm working on a
survey. I'm investigating the possiblities exporting a new potting
soil product form Holland to the UK.

Cocopeat is a peat-free compost which has proven its worth in the
professional horticulture market.An unique feature of cocopeat is that
it can be compressed by pressing out the water, adding water brings the
cocopeat back in the original shape. Compressing cocopeat creates an
odourless and dry lightweight tablet. Adding 200 ml water to one tablet
generates 0.5 litre of potting soil. A tube filled with 10 of these
tablets(450 grams) brings the traditional hauling with dirty and
backbreaking sacks of potting soil to an end.

Is this product made from coconut fibre or coco-shells?
I have already purchased bricks of compressed coco-fibre which makes
nearly a bucketful of compst. It did not do as well as convetional
composts.

Pam in Bristol