Old 23-11-2007, 08:49 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
mel turner mel turner is offline

Default ID requested for pink flower in garden

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 06:06:21 +1100, Richard Wright
wrote:

This flower is coming up in early summer in a warm temperate garden.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/gdzf2ncm01.jpg

Can anybody give me a lead to its ID? I can't even begin to recognise
the family.

Thanks everyone for those leads. I ended up with Clarkia unguiculata.

I can't fault the photo at

http://www.birdmom.net/WildflowersOr...gant,DblCU.jpg

And C. unguiculata also has double-flowered variants as
in your original photo:

http://www.birdmom.net/wildflowerspurple.html
http://www.birdmom.net/WildflowersPu...ant,Dblvar.jpg
http://www.birdmom.net/WildflowersPi...,DblPinkCU.jpg

Oops, I see that's the same site you found,
and your image from it is also of a double flower.
Nevermind.

cheers