Old 24-11-2007, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Echo strimmer parts?

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| My 24 year old has stopped working due I am told to the coil/condenser
| having stopped working (it has occasional weak sparks but wont start)
| anyway my repair man says he can not get the bits and despite scavenging
| a load of half dead strimmers he had about the place could not find a
| compatible match.

Get someone who knows about hacking electrics to check it out. And
I mean "hacking" - not an electrical shop, but perhaps someone with
and interest in old cars or radios.

It is generally dead easy to replace a condenser with a functionally
equivalent one, and often possible to replace a coil. And 90% of
the time, it is the condenser, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.