Old 24-11-2007, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echo strimmer parts?

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| My 24 year old has stopped working due I am told to the coil/condenser
| having stopped working (it has occasional weak sparks but wont start)
| anyway my repair man says he can not get the bits and despite scavenging
| a load of half dead strimmers he had about the place could not find a
| compatible match.

Get someone who knows about hacking electrics to check it out. And
I mean "hacking" - not an electrical shop, but perhaps someone with
and interest in old cars or radios.

It is generally dead easy to replace a condenser with a functionally
equivalent one, and often possible to replace a coil. And 90% of
the time, it is the condenser, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks for that Nick, my repair man did suggest I try motor bike/scooter
repairers as well, I think the coil may well intergral to the motor but
the condenser should be straight foward enough, no harm in having a go is
there as its dead at the mo!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk