Old 25-11-2007, 08:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default What's up with all these m-5 posts

I think the O.P. was refering to MI5 postings. They are there, all right, and
in several other groups I read.

It brings up a question as to whether our group has a moderator. How does one
know if there is such a person in ours, or any group?

Sure, there are special readers to filter out this junk, but it usually is not
as big an
annoyance as with MI5, who puts so many postings, you can't find the pertinent
stuff (i.e., see the forest through the trees). I am accustomed to my simple
usenet
interface with Comcast, and not anxious to add more complications to it. This
MI5 poster is just too much. I can live with the ocassional spammer.

Sherwin

The Cook wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 03:51:38 -0800 (PST), wawwiz
wrote:

I don't see why all these posts about M-5 garbage is on this group,
isn't there someway to block this stuff ? from getting into our garden
group?

They appear because most of the newsgroups are unmoderated and anyone
can post anything they want.

If you do not want to see the garbage, get a news provider that
filters out most of the spam. And then use a newsreader that allows
you to filter the rest of the things you do not want to see.
--
Susan N.