Old 25-11-2007, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Autumn

"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:41:17 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Late September". :-( That bothers me. I am in the early stages of
planning
an 'Autumn Ball' and would hate to find I had pitched it 'outside' Autumn
:-))

Mike

You can have any sort of ball at any time of year. We had a Christmas
garden party in August. It wasn't a white Christmas but it rained.

Steve

Agreed, but I already have a 'theme' and it needs to be in the Autumn.

A Christmas theme would be too near Christmas, even though one suggestion
has been a 'Christmas' event, but most people attending would be sick of the
thoughts of Christmas in November ...... "again"....... (There is Turkey and
Tinsel everywhere. An hotel I use on Bournemouth has 17 Turkey and Tinsel
'do's' before we hit the Christmas period proper)

Another problem I have is that I am fully booked for all of October and the
first week into November :-(( Thus my question. For example is the 1st week
of September Summer or Autumn, I would consider it Summer. What is the last
weekend in November? I would say Winter.

Thanks for your thoughts

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.