Old 25-11-2007, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Autumn

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...

Another problem I have is that I am fully booked for all of October and
the
first week into November :-(( Thus my question. For example is the 1st
week
of September Summer or Autumn, I would consider it Summer. What is the
last
weekend in November? I would say Winter.

Thanks for your thoughts

Mike

At sea, Autumn in the northern hemisphere ran from the equinox (around
21st Sep) to the winter solstice (around 21st December
Clearly the strict definition does not fit with most peoples experience
as most would not regard mid December as Autumn! although lately mid
September has definately seemed like summer.
Outside I would aim for last week of September but if you are under cover
no one would dispute October being an Autumn month.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Thanks Charlie. Looks like last weekend in September would be fine. Glad
about that because that is where I am aiming, or into November because of my
diary.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.