Old 21-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Bill

Default tomato leaf curling

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:10:25 +1000, Denise wrote:

Hi There,

I have had a few problems with my tomatoes of late so I thought I would
query the experts. My first plant's leaf curled vertically and started
getting yellow spots on the leaves - it hasn't really picked up, someone
suggested Epsom salts, but I just put some blood and bone down to see if it
would pick up.

Anyway, I purchased another plant and now it's leaves are turning over on
itself - like curling horizontally - it also has some yellowing on the edges
and brown as well. This is a fairly new patch that has not has anything
growing in it for 20 years so I am not too concerned if my first go is not
too great.

I live in Subtropical conditions, and we are still in our summer over here.
I have not had tomatoes on this part previously.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciative

Denise

Brisbane, Australia

Denise,
Do a web search for "tomato diseases". MANY 'official' sites have
photographs of diseased leaves, stems, root and fruit that will help you pinpoint the
exact problem and suggest a reasonable tactic for dealing with it. Do you
smoke tobacco? Some diseases can come from contact with hands that have
had contact with tobacco.

At any rate ... there ARE photos out there. Your assignment this week is to
find them. :-)

Bill