Old 25-11-2007, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default **WARNING** Official charter of UK rec gardening **WARNING**

"Nigel Cliffe" wrote ...
'Mike' wrote:
"David in Normandy" wrote Don't remember the full story, but quite some
time ago a farmer was
fed up with people ambling across his fields, so after he had sprayed
them with some harmless fertilizer or something, he put a sign up on
the gate announcing "This Field Has Been Sprayed With (and then he
put a long chemical name which was the true name of this fertilizer)
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Wasn't bothered any more ;-)

On his own private land, good luck to him. But, if he did that trying to
prevent use of a right of way, he'd be breaking the law.

Breaking the law maybe but on one of our walking routes through the Surrey
Hills one field has "Beware of the Bull" signs but in all the years we have
walked there we haven't even seen an animal of any description. Mind you we
still stop and have a good look.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden