Old 26-11-2007, 02:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default pond update

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
~ jan wrote:

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:25:24 CST, wrote:

well I think we are finally going to get a real freeze here tomorrow
night.

I got the last of the leaves picked up around the ponds. So happy to
actually have completed this before T-day. First time in a long time...
if
ever. So now I can enjoy the holidays. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us

Spent a few minutes yesterday (Sat) thinning out the still thriving
Water Hyacinth and Water Lettuce. Tossed a couple large bucketfuls out.
Wonder when they will start to go dormant?

Preparing for major pond landscaping in a couple weeks.

Mine doesn't go dormant. It just dies after the first good frost and I net
it out. It goes on the compost pile.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.