Old 26-11-2007, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Autumn

"Campa-Man" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I have googled and not come up with the answer to the following,

Between which dates is "Autumn"?

The nearest I can get is 'September, October and November'. Is it as
plain as that?

Mike

I think the answer is that there are no real set dates, as you travel
north to south it obviously changes as southern hemisphere Autumn is in
March.

Wikipedia does a fair job of explaining it, as far as the UK is concerned
we are basicalyy looking at end of september to end of November.

Thank you and thank you everyone who have answered my question. Either here
or the emails I have received (Thank you to one kind gent who explained the
moon phases and the rotation of the earth and gave a very good guide as to
where Autumn is 'anywhere' in the World) One person did ask if this was an
urg event. No, but I could organise one. Anybody want an urg Autumn Ball or
anything else? urg Turkey and Tinsel? Accommodation available as all of my
events ensure anybody in the country, or abroad can attend. I have a regular
from Sweden a one Association Reunion I do

I am going for an Autumn Ball either the last weekend in September or the
second in November. Both fit the 'theme' :-))

(October is out as my diary is full)

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.