Old 26-11-2007, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default horseradish

In article ,
Fred says...
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:23:00 +0100, David in Normandy
wrote:

I blended mine with cream in a
liquidiser and as I previously mentioned it absolutely blew
my head off.

I presume you need a lot to put in a liquidiser? I do not own one, but
the ones I saw on display in the shops have the blades quite high from
the base of the jug. I was concerned that if I put a small amount of
root in, that it would fall beneath the blades and miss them
completely.

While I'm no expert in kitchen equipment, a blender and a
liquidiser are a bit different. If I understand you
correctly I think you are describing a blender which has
those blades which stick out horizontally and as you say
there is a gap underneath them. A liquidiser has blades
going up at 45 degrees from the bottom centre of the
container so hit everything. A liquidiser also has a narrow
base but a blender has a wide one.
--
David in Normandy