Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Adam Webster

Default sad ficus

Greetings,
Recently I neglected a poor (big beautiful) ficus, which promptly
dropped EVERY leaf with the exception of one branch. I now have a
beautiful twisted braided trunk that is big and thick with one little
sad branch coming out. New growth abounds on this new branch, but here
is the $1MM question(s):
a) will it live
b) how do I encourage "new" branches (surely it can't grow through one
branch?)
c) how much TLC will it require to make it
Sadly untalented in matters green,

Everything is dead with the exception of this one small branch, but I
would like to recover this plant in order to not slander its benefactors
spirit (it was given to me.)

Neglect was a .. ahem.. frosty night in Maine in October.

Adam