Old 27-11-2007, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fuschia Fuschia is offline

Default exochorda massacre

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:31:48 +0100, Emery Davis
wrote:

The guy cutting hedges (for the village) went a little too far towards our gate. There
was a nice established Exochorda "the Bride", about 5 years in the ground, that was
chopped to bits. There are a couple of feet of bare wood left, that's all.

Anyone know how these respond to "cutting back hard?" Grrr.

I have to prune mine back fairly hard from time to time because it is
really vigorous when fully established. It has always come back well.
I hope yours does too because there is nothing more beautiful when
it's in full bloom, and truly well named.