Old 28-11-2007, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doug doug is offline

Default Tea

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"pied piper" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"'Mike'" wrote after "Fergus" wrote ...
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to

get
one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

What is wrong with proper tea in the teapot and using a strainer?

A 'Proper' cup of tea :-))

Totally agree. A pottery teapot, real leaf tea and china cup and

saucer,
nothing like it. To us tea bags actually change the taste of the tea,

we
try to avoid them.

Try adding some bromide it might liven u lot up a bit FFS

Think you have that totally the wrong way round. :-)
It is said it used to be put in tea in the Forces to take the minds of the
chaps off the ladies.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

---------------------
Bromide in the tea?. Too right it was!!. It was in full use in the billets
in Morecambe and Blackpool in 1940.
Most of the hundreds of Civvy houses and Hotels where previous
holiday-makers spent their holidays were taken over and I have to say that
though food was rationed I got plenty to eat in the Civvy Billets I had the
pleasure to stay in.
Practically all the Town was seething with R.A.F - in - training Erks..
First, two months square-bashing up and down the Promenade, then, a weeks
leave and back for the first Engineering course in big garages, also at the
small airfield halfway on the road to Lancaster.
All those splendid Instructors took we callow youths and turned us into
smart confident upright men.
I went on to two Engineering |courses on the fuselage area of aircraft
Building and Servicing.
Doug.