Old 27-11-2007, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tea

what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

Old 27-11-2007, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fergus" wrote in message
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get
one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

It's worse than that. There is some synthetic material being used in the
bags somewhere. My compost is full of ghostly skeletal teabag shapes.

Tim w

Old 27-11-2007, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fergus" wrote in message
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get
one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

What is wrong with proper tea in the teapot and using a strainer?

A 'Proper' cup of tea :-))

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old 27-11-2007, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote after "Fergus" wrote ...
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get
one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

What is wrong with proper tea in the teapot and using a strainer?

A 'Proper' cup of tea :-))

Totally agree. A pottery teapot, real leaf tea and china cup and saucer,
nothing like it. To us tea bags actually change the taste of the tea, we try
to avoid them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 27-11-2007, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote after "Fergus" wrote ...
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get
one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

What is wrong with proper tea in the teapot and using a strainer?

A 'Proper' cup of tea :-))

Totally agree. A pottery teapot, real leaf tea and china cup and saucer,
nothing like it. To us tea bags actually change the taste of the tea, we
try to avoid them.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
17mls W. of London.UK

Try adding some bromide it might liven u lot up a bit FFS

Old 27-11-2007, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:49:00 -0000
"Fergus" wrote:

what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

The square bags with the string are much weaker than the good old
round bags. Just had a cup (round bag).

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 27-11-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

A 'Proper' cup of tea :-))

Totally agree. A pottery teapot, real leaf tea and china cup and saucer,
nothing like it. To us tea bags actually change the taste of the tea, we
try to avoid them.

I agree almost 100% - we use a glass teapot :-)

Mary

Old 27-11-2007, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"pied piper" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"'Mike'" wrote after "Fergus" wrote ...
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get
one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

What is wrong with proper tea in the teapot and using a strainer?

A 'Proper' cup of tea :-))

Totally agree. A pottery teapot, real leaf tea and china cup and saucer,
nothing like it. To us tea bags actually change the taste of the tea, we
try to avoid them.

Try adding some bromide it might liven u lot up a bit FFS

Think you have that totally the wrong way round. :-)
It is said it used to be put in tea in the Forces to take the minds of the
chaps off the ladies.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 27-11-2007, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"pied piper" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
[...]

AND :-))

Having been in the Galley and making the morning Tea and Coffee, I can
assure you that bromide was NOT added as was the story, UNLESS, and we have
a big UNLESS here, it was added to the tea or coffee at the manufacturers
;-))

Mike

Old 27-11-2007, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Emery Davis writes
"Fergus" wrote:

what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

The square bags with the string are much weaker than the good old
round bags. Just had a cup (round bag).

??
Square bags with string was how teabags were when they first appeared
40+ years ago.
Which is presumably why the premium brands still use them (giving the
image of traditional good quality)
So are Typhoo trying to reposition themselves as a quality tea?
--
Kay

Old 28-11-2007, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"pied piper" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote
[...]

---------------------
Bromide in the tea?. Too right it was!!. It was in full use in the billets
in Morecambe and Blackpool in 1940.
Most of the hundreds of Civvy houses and Hotels where previous
holiday-makers spent their holidays were taken over and I have to say that
though food was rationed I got plenty to eat in the Civvy Billets I had the
pleasure to stay in.
Practically all the Town was seething with R.A.F - in - training Erks..
First, two months square-bashing up and down the Promenade, then, a weeks
leave and back for the first Engineering course in big garages, also at the
small airfield halfway on the road to Lancaster.
All those splendid Instructors took we callow youths and turned us into
smart confident upright men.
I went on to two Engineering |courses on the fuselage area of aircraft
Building and Servicing.
Doug.
-------------------

Old 28-11-2007, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"doug" wrote in message

All those splendid Instructors took we callow youths and turned us into
smart confident upright men.

Wonderful picture in this week's RAF News of an ex Drill Instructor and a
Padre on parade at the Battle of Britain Memorial at Capel le Fern a couple
of weeks ago ;-)

Neil Trotter. Still barks out his orders and get's that 'orrible lot into
line ;-)

He will next be in full 'chat' at RAF Cosford in June :-)

Mike

Old 28-11-2007, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Emery Davis writes
"Fergus" wrote:

what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get one.

is this another sign of global warming.........

The square bags with the string are much weaker than the good old
round bags. Just had a cup (round bag).

??
Square bags with string was how teabags were when they first appeared
40+ years ago.
Which is presumably why the premium brands still use them (giving the
image of traditional good quality)
So are Typhoo trying to reposition themselves as a quality tea?

Strange though it may seem... Abroad it is difficult to get the round bags.
Typhoo probably had a focus group and decided "weaker as better." I
do chuckle to think of Typhoo as quality tea -- but I like it just fine!

-E

Old 28-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus[_2_] View Post
what's happened to Typhoo tea bags.

I used to be able to get four cups from one bag, now I am lucky to get one.

is this another sign of global warming.........
In May 2007, Typhoo (today owned by an Indian company) announced it had made a substantial change to the blend of tea in standard Typhoo. Nothing to do with global warming.

[IBC] SV: [IBC] Fukien Tea tree Per Arne Pedersen Bonsai 2 17-03-2008 01:30 PM
Looking For *Smoky* Hybrid Tea Rose KarenS6556 Roses 2 27-02-2003 09:07 PM
Fukien Tea Phil Bonsai 0 25-02-2003 05:28 AM
[IBC] SV: [IBC] Fukien Tea tree Per Arne Pedersen Bonsai 2 03-02-2003 03:48 PM
[IBC] Fukien Tea tree Per Arne Pedersen Bonsai 2 03-02-2003 01:34 PM