Old 28-11-2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
doofy doofy is offline

Default Our luck ran out...perhaps

William Wagner wrote:
I usually walk about checking our oak tree leaf lines. Sort of a early
warning that an oak is in decline since it is easier to take out a sick
tree than a dead one. I live in the woods. Today may tree guy tells me
I have Oak Scorch and it killed a tree I thought was viral.
Seems it is bacterial in nature and attacks ~80 % of the trees on my
land. This is a bummer. Luckily we have Pine and White Oaks about and
I introduced a few other tress like Hollies, Maples, Cherries, Kousa
and others but if this gets on our forest will be a field. Below site is
dated 2002.

Bill

http://gloucester.rcre.rutgers.edu/p...rialleafscorch.
pdf