Old 29-11-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Our luck ran out...perhaps

On 11/29/07 6:14 AM, in article
,
"William Wagner" wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
I usually walk about checking our oak tree leaf lines. Sort of a early
warning that an oak is in decline since it is easier to take out a sick
tree than a dead one. I live in the woods. Today may tree guy tells me
I have Oak Scorch and it killed a tree I thought was viral.
Seems it is bacterial in nature and attacks ~80 % of the trees on my
land. This is a bummer. Luckily we have Pine and White Oaks about and
I introduced a few other tress like Hollies, Maples, Cherries, Kousa
and others but if this gets on our forest will be a field. Below site is
dated 2002.

Bill

http://gloucester.rcre.rutgers.edu/p...rialleafscorch.
pdf

Can you harvest the timber?

I try to give it away. No one wants Oak unless it is very large. With
oil the way it is I'd guess wood stoves may come back and cord wood.

Bill

For years, our rental unit has had a wood stove. We lived there before kids
and we built our house. A clean and well ordered wood stove is a wonderful
way to heat.