Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Jane VR

Default Planting Suggestion Required

I'm after a suggestion re what to plant across the front of my house.

The bed is east-facing. It is ~77cm deep by ~5m wide - except for in

front
of the chimney which is only ~42cm deep.

I would like something that is preferably Australian, preferably
low-maintenance, flowering (but the colour must go with cream-brick),

grows
to ~95cm tall (but doesn't have a single flower at the top, as I'm going

have to trim it down to ~85cm beneath a window where the ground is

higher..
ie. ground slopes down toward the south).

Baueras are very hardy but vary in size, so check the label. Correas and
croweas are a good size. There might be an eriostemon that stays that small,
too. These are all morning sun type natives.

jane