Old 01-12-2007, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Madeira photos

In article e08b109d-4a8f-490e-8b0c-
, says...
On 29 Nov, 08:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm

Superb. In the Malakof garden, what is the ground made of? So strange
the way the hedges are like 'placed' on the ground. Amazing meticulous
job!

Looked to me as if the actual ground was made up by a retaining wall then
back filled to get it level, amazing views from there. The bit you walk
on is made of small pieces of basalt rock rather like a mosaic in all one
colour!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk