Old 29-11-2007, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Madeira photos

Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 29-11-2007, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Nice pics Charlie. I particularly like the iffy looking bridge, I could have
fun trying to coax SWMBO over that :-))

I wish I could help with the IDs, but unfortunately not. Some friends went
there recently, and I must put it on my list of places to go.

Steve

Old 29-11-2007, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Nice pics Charlie. I particularly like the iffy looking bridge, I could have
fun trying to coax SWMBO over that :-))

I wish I could help with the IDs, but unfortunately not. Some friends went
there recently, and I must put it on my list of places to go.

Steve

I think thats the oddest thing about the place, Liz is terrified of
heights and will not even drive on the nearside lanes on bridges, I am
not keen above a ladders length either, yet we find we can thread our way
along paths with very steep drops, must be the vegetation or something.
Of course you always have plan B for the tricky bits (not yet resorted
to) of taking off shoes and socks and walking down the lavada itself!
Old 29-11-2007, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Drool......................

Old 29-11-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/11/07 09:58, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Lovely photos, Charlie but I do admit you're far more energetic than we were
when we were there! ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-11-2007, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:47:15 -0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm

Good photos Charlie.
I was interested to see the flowers on the Kapok tree. When I was
there a few years ago at the end of Feb, the Kapok was blowing all
over the park. Flowers much better!
There were no agapanthus flowers also, but I did manage to salvage a
few seeds, which have grown quite well.
I'd like to go again at a more floriferous time of year.
Where do you stay? In Funchal?

Pam in Bristol
Old 29-11-2007, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
wrote:

Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm

Good photos Charlie.
I was interested to see the flowers on the Kapok tree. When I was
there a few years ago at the end of Feb, the Kapok was blowing all
over the park. Flowers much better!
There were no agapanthus flowers also, but I did manage to salvage a
few seeds, which have grown quite well.
I'd like to go again at a more floriferous time of year.
Where do you stay? In Funchal?

Pam in Bristol

Place called the Mirimar just opposite Reids and walking distance to town
centre
Old 30-11-2007, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29 Nov, 08:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm

Superb. In the Malakof garden, what is the ground made of? So strange
the way the hedges are like 'placed' on the ground. Amazing meticulous
job!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article e08b109d-4a8f-490e-8b0c-
, says...
On 29 Nov, 08:47, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Here is a link to a bunch of this years photos (first time I have taken a
digital camara) Hopefully someone can id the plants with no name!
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/madeira/madeira.htm

Superb. In the Malakof garden, what is the ground made of? So strange
the way the hedges are like 'placed' on the ground. Amazing meticulous
job!

Looked to me as if the actual ground was made up by a retaining wall then
back filled to get it level, amazing views from there. The bit you walk
on is made of small pieces of basalt rock rather like a mosaic in all one
colour!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Dec, 08:34, Charlie Pridham wrote:
Looked to me as if the actual ground was made up by a retaining wall then
back filled to get it level, amazing views from there. The bit you walk
on is made of small pieces of basalt rock rather like a mosaic in all one
colour!

Lovely - I'm collecting examples of surfaces and textures - this is
quite amazing and I don't know much about Madeira. Thank you for
sharing these. Could I use this photo - not for publication. Yet ;o)

O T. Visit to Madeira The Hound United Kingdom 2 02-12-2005 04:51 PM
Madeira Charlie Pridham United Kingdom 10 24-09-2003 12:21 PM
Madeira Charlie Pridham United Kingdom 0 18-09-2003 09:15 AM
non vasculars in MADEIRA help daniel vega Plant Science 1 18-06-2003 11:56 AM
madeira non vascular help daniel vega Plant Science 0 16-06-2003 10:56 PM