Old 02-12-2007, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Disaster report?

On 2/12/07 17:56, in article , "Pete C"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Anyone suffering? So far - and I'm touching wood as I say that - we
have had one Ali Baba style pot blown over and broken. It contains a
huge Euryops and if ever there was a mistaken bit of
planting.........! Ah well, it's a lesson not to do anything like
that again. But otherwise, we appear to have escaped so far. It's
blowing up again and hurling the rain down right now and is the
epitome of 'a dirty night' - in weather terms, of course. ;-) The
birds took to walking around looking for food and none came to the
feeder higher up outside my study window. Usually I find coal tits
love that one and seem to prefer it to others lower down at first
storey level but I haven't seen anything on that feeder when I've
been in here today.

Apart from chunks of trees in the road to watch out for, all seems ok around
here. Stopped raining now, but still blowing wild.

Just heard daughter isn't driving back from Bristol tonight as she doesn't
fancy the motorway drive too much. ;-(

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk