Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
ideekay

Default White Mites

Well no Tish , the minute you look at the plant they take off , they are
real small i don't think they would be a mil long . I reckon I have seen
them before at Myrtleford , where they amassed like a cloud early morning
around the tobbacco where I was involved aerial spraying to get rid of them.

"Tish" wrote in message
If they are attached to the plants, you could break off a leaf or the
end of a stem and pop it into a plastic bag - it should have some of
the beasties attached.

Cheers,
Tish

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:43:22 +1100, "ideekay"
wrote:

I am not sure whether I can catch anything that small ! I guess a net

made
out of a stocking could suffice , thanks Ian in Bendigo

"Tish" wrote in message
are you *sure* they are mites? Sounds more like whitefly to me - a
sucking pest that is a big problem in greenhouses (the form you
probably have is called the greenhouse whitefly). Talk to your local
Vic Ag office or to your local nursery - they will have advice for
you. Take a sample of some of your beasties so that they can give you
a firm identification.

HTH
Tish