Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Chookie

Default Maple or other ornamental trees for West facing garden

In article ,
"S. McLaren" wrote:

My front garden faces the setting sun. At the moment I have roses growing
there. They don't seem to like the location (also)because of its exposed
nature.

I'm thinking of replacing them with ornamental trees like maples or cherry
blossums. I'm thinking of getting small slender varieties whose leaves turn
a light red color.

Can I get a few suggestions please?

Where do you live?

If your roses are finding this position hard going, I am not sure that maples
or cherries would find it any easier -- roses are very tough plants.

Could you put something fast-growing and tough on your nature strip to provide
a bit of shade and shelter?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids