Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Mike Coon Mike Coon is offline

Default Blue tit questions

Jim Ford wrote:
... It's distressing to see it get weaker, with the adults not
being concerned, and eventually it goes missing because it's died and
the adults have disposed of it.

As I reported here a few years ago, it's even worse when the dead chick is
largish and in rigor mortis and fails to co-operate with the ejection. Then,
I could see the parents were spending too much time trying to extract it so
I sneaked in when they were not looking and removed the corpse.

Mike.
--
If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.