Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Willow

Default Mystery Tree

Hi,

There's a tree at work that I really like & am considering planting several
in my front yard. Only trouble is I have no idea of what the tree is. It
stands at about 5m tall with the spread of branches also at about 5m. The
leaves are serrated & the bark is papery, although not as much as paperbark,
with colourful splotches where bark has peeled off. It seems to be a popular
tree with councils as it's planted on most of the verges around work & I've
seen several on council verges in the suburb where I live. There's a couple
of pictures of the tree if someone could have a go at identifying it for me.

http://www.2000cn.com.au/~willow/DSC00603.jpg
http://www.2000cn.com.au/~willow/DSC00604.jpg

Thanks

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~