Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Chookie

Default Maple or other ornamental trees for West facing garden

In article ,
Tara Deen wrote:

Japanese maples prefer a sheltered spot. I don't think they'd be
suitable for your position. While there are newer, hardier cultivars,
they're mostly bred for looks rather than wind tolerance. I'm not so
sure about the flowering cherries, however.

I can answer that one -- there wouldn't be much of a display. The petals come
off very easily in a breeze.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids