Old 05-12-2007, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Exercise in web design

"Learnear" wrote in message
Hi folks. Just mentioning a new site that I am working on as part of
an assessment for a web design course. The URL is
http://au.geocities.com/peterd0n
and the title of the home page is Helen's Garden Design - Home. Now
this is not yet a real site and so the information is neither complete
nor the photos real. However, there is a Helen and she does have the
background, achievements and interests described and does run garden
design business - and will be on the web when I can get her to turn
some attention away from actual soil and plants - and family, and to
the subject of producing a web page. Getting the teenagers to finally
leave home will help of course. If you want to contact her you can
email me at in the meantime.

I agree with Tom. Lose the red banner right away. It's a pointless gimmick.
And make sure no sounds or music ever play without the express permission of
the visitor. Nothing automatic.