Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
S. McLaren

Default Maple or other ornamental trees for West facing garden

"Chookie" wrote in message

I think you need to replace the "native trees" with some other shelter

belt.
If it's a windy spot, rose petals will just blow off. BTW, easily-broken
branches is not a characteristic of the entire set of native trees.

My apologies! I meant the big gum trees - not "all native trees".

I have a few native trees growing on the left side of my garden. But I need
some ornamental trees - trees that turn golden or a "maple red" color.

I'm also afraid that the garden bed in question is too narrow to accomodate
a shelter belt. Moving the roses to the back of the house is probably the
best thing. Its more sheltered and still gets a bit of sun.