Old 06-12-2007, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
David E. Ross David E. Ross is offline

Default Exercise in web design

On 12/5/2007 1:04 PM, Learnear wrote:
Hi folks. Just mentioning a new site that I am working on as part of
an assessment for a web design course. The URL is http://au.geocities.com/peterd0n
and the title of the home page is Helen's Garden Design - Home. Now
this is not yet a real site and so the information is neither complete
nor the photos real. However, there is a Helen and she does have the
background, achievements and interests described and does run garden
design business - and will be on the web when I can get her to turn
some attention away from actual soil and plants - and family, and to
the subject of producing a web page. Getting the teenagers to finally
leave home will help of course. If you want to contact her you can
email me at in the meantime.

The W3C validator at http://validator.w3.org/ reports 34 HTML errors.
The page appears designed for Internet Explorer, but 35%-40% of those
viewing the Web use a non-Micro$oft browser. Thus, you should fix the
errors to ensure that other browsers will indeed display what you want
people to see.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean