Old 06-12-2007, 09:12 AM posted to uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture
Adenoid Hynkel . Adenoid Hynkel            . is offline

Default Piggy MRSA outbreak in Scotland?

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 00:38:15 GMT, Elaine Jones
wrote:

Quoting from message
posted on 5 Dec 2007 by Jim Webster
I would like to add:

"Oh No" wrote in message
Thus spake Jim Webster

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Pat Gardiner
writes
Pat's Note:

I'll bet my cotton socks

So you do go in for betting on your predictions!

raise him two pairs of cotton socks and see if he'll fold ;-))

Bet your shirt, and see if he'll do the ironing

LOL
Brenda would probably approve of that one ;-))

We live on the wrong side of the hill so tumble dryer is essential in
winter.

A tumble dryer must be the most unessential item known to man. Haven't
used one for many years and don't miss it, or the bills at all. Get
yourself some decent airers and the clothes will be dry in a day
(inside). Ideally you'd also have those ceiling airers which you
pulled up on string of old. See
http://www.thegoodcook.co.uk/acatalo...ng_airers.html

although they apparently are now a designer accessory and attract a
premium these days.

Regardless of the season certain fabrics, dried in the tumble dryer
and removed whilst warm, don't need ironing,

Exactly the same can be said for coming out of the washing machine.
Hang them straight away to air dry and no iron required. (though the
boys n gals of this household sometime insist an iron is necessary,
but I think that's on principle)

for terry
nappies tumble drier is a must (Child never had a spotty bottom and I
worked a system on 18 nappies, not the 36 as recommended).

Again untrue, although you will need more to rotate.

Trousers which need a crease (very rarely for Jones) fold carefully
and put under mattress pad overnight (don't think this would work if
you just have a bottom sheet).

Hmm haven't gone that far yet.

Dishwashers are equally unnecessary unless of course you don't mind
throwing money down the drain, let alone the Eco costs.

The tumble dryer was the hardest thing for our household to get rid
of, it took many arguments but now we would never go back.

See how much you're wasting here
http://www.ukpower.co.uk/running-costs-elec.asp

These days manufacturers no longer sell things we need, they sell
things they think we are stupid enough to buy.Electric dishwashers,
bread knives, bottle openers............

The incoming recession will sort that idea out though.

--

My greatest speech to the peasants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7LWuP0T7Q

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to