Old 21-02-2003, 02:15 PM
akrummel

Default [IBC] ****The apostrophe

Well folks
I'm new to this list and have few credentials to qualify me as an expert
in any field.
However, I do have opinions and here is one.
The education system in the U.S. is in rapid decline. Young people are
being taught to express their ideas regardless of the grammer and
puntuation. This has led to the decline in the proper use of the mother
tongue.

The misues of their, there, they're; the misues of to, too, two; total
lack of punctuation; these are all annoyances.

But isn't this forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge? Please
don't scare off people who may have a unique answer to a particualr
problem I might have. I would rather have someone write:

"My neighbor's keep there trees in a 50-gallon drum filled with gasoline
to. Them trees is green as grass"

Than have them not express this interesting solution to fungus gnats.

Oh, you also might notice in future emails and postings that I don't use
captalization. This is a carryover from the old newspaper reporter's
habit when sending internal memos. It created too many keystrokes on
those old manual Royals. I blame it on them.

Art Krummel