Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Heather Edwards

Default harvesting radish seeds

Seeds will be viable if collected at the right time. If collected too early
they will not be viable nor able to become viable. You really need to pick
them when the pods turn grey/brown before they burst open. Heather.
"Tom Elliott" wrote in message
I have some radishes that have been growing for months, and they put
out a vast quantity of seed pods.

The trouble is, they are taking up a lot of garden space, and I don't
want rogue radishes growing all over the place.

Is it possible to cut the seed pod bearing branches off and leave them
to dry? The pods have mostly turned a reddish colour, and I wonder if
they will continue to mature if cut from the main plant.

Thanks,

Tom.